The Beginner class is an initiation to sabre fencing. In your first contact with the sport, you will learn the terms, fundamental positions, fencing safety, a clear mental image of correct form, and the motor patterns of sabre fencing. At the end of the program, the fencer will graduate to the Level 2 class and be permitted to join other beginner and intermediate members to continue to acquire and consolidate their fencing skills. Fencing equipment can be provided for this class via the drop down menu below. You will be provided repurposed club equipment that you must take home with you after each practice.
- When: Tuesdays & Fridays
- Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Where: 206 Beverley Street, 2nd floor, Toronto, ON M5T 1Z3
- Attire: Running shoes, exercise pants, t-shirt
- Must be 10+ years of age (exceptions may be made by the instructor).
- Instructor: Gordon Geringas